Sponsored – This Brown Sugar Pound Cake is one of my all-time favorite recipes from my good friends at Martha White. Pound cakes are a quintessential Southern delicacy and this rich brown sugar variation gives me one more reason to fall in love with them all over again. It’s no secret that Martha White has been in the baking business for decades providing quality products from cornbread to biscuits. They’re a trusted brand that I grew-up with and one my pantry is never without. I also wanted to let you in on an exciting opportunity. Martha White is hosting a a fun trip giveaway to attend the Country Music Festival to be held June 8-11th 2017 in Nashville Tennessee with a guest.
Martha White, a long-time partner of the CMA’s is celebrating the upcoming CMA Festival by giving 4 people the opportunity to win a trip for two to attend the CMA Festival to be held this summer in Nashville. The giveaway runs through March 17th, 2017 so don’t wait hop over to their Facebook page to find out more information and enter here. Then, whip-up this delicious brown sugar pound cake and you’re guaranteed to be a winner either way!
Recipe and images used by permission see the original here
Enter for a chance to win a trip for 2 to the CMA Music Festival here
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Martha White. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share the brands with you that I care about and enjoy.
See it at The Weekend Potluck
- 2¼ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch tube pan with flour no-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Spread the pecans for the cake and garnish in a single layer on a sheet pan. Toast for 6-8 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine 2¼ cups brown sugar, sugar, 1 cup butter, shortening and 2 teaspoons vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; mix well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in pecans. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- BAKE 1¼ hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- GLAZE Melt ¼ cup butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add ½ cup brown sugar; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add ¼ cup milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- REMOVE saucepan from heat. Stir in vanilla. Gradually stir in powdered sugar; blend until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Garnish with additional toasted pecans.