Loaded Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Brittle – This loaded cookie brittle has everything. Roasted pecans, mini chocolate chips, sweet toasted coconut and milk chocolate covered toffee chips. Hence the name. While I’ve never been known to turn away from a cookie, this cookie brittle is a nice change. I also love that it’s much like peanut brittle in the sense you can break it into any size you want. Brittle is meant to be random. So although I give a yield for this recipe, keep in mind it’s really up to you. You can break this cookie brittle into 20 smaller pieces or 12 large it’s your choice. I’m not here to judge.
There is leavening in the dough but no eggs. That isn’t an omission, there are none in this recipe. It does expand while baking so when pressing the dough into the pan leave around 1/2 inch or so around the edge to allow for expansion.
It’s amazingly tasty to be so very simple to make, and there’s no need to pull out a mixer at all. Cool the cookie brittle completely in the pan then break into pieces. Serve it as a garnish for homemade hot fudge sundaes or just as is with a glass of milk, of course. The perfect bedtime snack.
See it on the Weekend Potluck on The Country Cook’s website here.
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tap salt
- ¾ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup milk chocolate covered toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pan. Set aside.
- Spread the chopped pecans and shredded coconut on a baking pan. Toast in the oven for 6-8 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter and sugar stirring until fully moistened.
- Add the mini chocolate chips, cooled pecans, toasted coconut and milk chocolate covered toffee bits. Mix until evenly distributed. The mixture should be moist but may appear crumbly.
- Press evenly into the jelly roll pan leaving space around the edge for expansion.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden. Cool completely in the pan on a baking rack.
- Break into random size pieces. Store tightly covered at room temperature.