Slow Cooked Honey Chipotle Barbecue Pork Chops And Beans – This meal is a fantastic way to cook a main course and a side dish at the same time. After pouring the beans into the bottom of the slow cooker, you place the seasoned pork chops on top. While the pork is cooking it seasons the beans beautifully.
Slow Cooked Honey Chipotle Barbecue Pork Chops And Beans
Author: Melissa Sperka
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ½ teaspoon each of salt, dry chipotle pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, lemon pepper, cumin
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 or 3 [28 oz] cans baked beans
- 8 [1½"] thick center cut pork chops
- 1 cup honey-chipotle barbecue sauce [I.e. Sweet Baby Rays]
- In a small bowl, mix together the apple juice, vegetable oil, brown sugar and seasonings to form a paste.
- Rub the paste over all of the pork chops and place them into a plastic storage bag.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To prepare: Spray the inside of a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray and set it on the low setting. Pour the baked beans into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Remove the pork chops from the plastic bag and discard.
- Arrange the pork chops over the baked beans and drizzle the barbecue sauce over the top. Cook on Low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours or until the pork chops are fork fork tender. You can break up the pork chops and mix them into the beans, or serve whole pieces with a side of beans.