Slow Cooked Parmesan Red Potatoes With Rosemary Garlic Butter – These soft and tender red potatoes are cooked in the slow cooker then infused with a fragrant rosemary garlic butter. A sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese just before serving is the perfect finish.
Side dishes like this don’t come any easier, truly. While I love roasting potatoes, it’s incredibly convenient to have a side like this simmering away while the entree is being prepared especially on a busy day. In the winter they go well with a roasted pork tenderloin, pot roast or lemon chicken. In the warm summer months, they are ideal served as a side for grilled steaks, pork, chicken or kabobs.
The garlic and rosemary infused butter is simmered on the stovetop and then drizzle over the potatoes just before serving. You can also prepare these potatoes using this same slow cooker technique then use a spatula to smash them. Brush with butter or olive oil and grill until crispy. Versatile, simple and delicious, it doesn’t get any better than that.
See it at Whatcha Crockin’? here
- 3 lb small red potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. [I used a 6 quart oval]
- Wash and pat dry the potatoes removing any blemishes.
- Toss with the olive oil and garlic salt then arrange in the bottom of the slow cooker insert.
- Cover tightly and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until fork tender. [On low 6-8 hours]
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the chopped rosemary and minced garlic. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cooked potatoes from the slow cooker and drizzle with the rosemary garlic butter.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.