Slow Cooked Roast With Creamy Mushroom Gravy
Author: Melissa Sperka
- 1 3-4 lb Chuck Roast
- meat seasoning blend or steak seasoning [i.e Meat Magic or Chicago Steak]
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 [18.5oz] can French onion soup [i.e Progresso] or 15 oz can beef broth
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 [10¾ oz] can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-2 lb carrots, peeled, cut into quarters or peeled baby carrots. whole
- 8 oz frozen pearl onions
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat dry the roast, then season the roast on all sides with seasoning.
- On the stove top, heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Brown the roast on every side in the hot oil, turning as needed.
- Remove the roast to your slow cooker. Add the chopped garlic to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Add the soup the French Onion soup into the saute pan to deglaze the pan.
- Pour the warm soup and garlic over the roast.
- Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce over the roast, and arrange the carrots around the edge of the slow cooker. Season everything with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Set your slow cooker to cook for 8-10 hours on the low setting.
- Add the frozen pearl onions approximately 2 hours, before the roast is done so, they won't overcook.
- When the roast has finished cooking, and is pull apart tender, pour the liquid from the roast into a stove top sauce pan.
- Bring the drippings to a boil and add the cream of mushroom soup. Whisk the soup into the drippings, and simmer for around 5-7 minutes on low heat until the gravy turns a medium brown color and thickens.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Slice the roast and arrange it on a serving platter with the vegetables.
- Drizzle the gravy on top and serve.