Today On Parade
I had such fun this week searching high and low for decadent slow cooker cake recipes for my Parade article. Utilizing a slow cooker to make delicious desserts is one of those unexpected cooking techniques that truly work. Whether you need a helping hand in the kitchen or your entertaining and have the oven tied-up with other dishes, there’s no need to miss having cake for dessert. Skip the oven and make these 20 Indulgent Cakes You Can Make In A Slow Cooker that are sure to be a hot topic with family and friends. (Link to article below image)
Things To Remember When Baking Cakes In A Slow Cooker
- To prevent condensation that forms on the lid from dripping onto the cake, double paper towels and place over the opening of the slow cooker first before placing the lid snuggly on top.
- Note the size and shape of the slow cooker and follow the cooking instructions based on those two things. A cake made in an a large oval slow cooker will bake differently than a smaller round slow cooker and adjustments may need to be made.
- Know how your particular appliance performs. Older slow cookers actually tend to cook more slowly than newer slow cookers based on safety regulation changes and temperature controls in recent years.
- Slow cooker cakes tend to steam gently and the texture is more sponge-like.
- Allow the cake to rest in the crockpot uncovered before cutting for the best results. Naturally, the pieces will be a different shape than a conventional slice of cake.
- Have fun and be creative, this is a fantastic way to bring interest to your dessert table.
Browse the FULL collection of 20 Indulgent Cakes You Can Make In A Slow Cooker here on Parade