Today On Parade
Dinnertime preparation and clean-up just got easier with these mouthwatering one-dish meal ideas. Choose from a variety of 25 One-Pot Meals Perfect For Dinner Tonight and pick your pleasure from these vibrant dishes. This collection features comforting stovetop chicken and rice, spicy jalapeno popper chicken and pasta, sweet potato hash with ham and eggs as well as classic beef bourguignon. The kids are sure to flip for meaty one pot spaghetti and creamy fettuccine alfredo with bacon. Cajun jambalaya, shrimp risotto and fish stew will turn dinner into a stress free event your family will savor. (Link to collection below image)
Plan Ahead To Take The Stress Out Of Dinner Preparation
If you find yourself stressing out over what to make for dinner, a simple make-ahead plan can be incredibly helpful.
- When you’re on a tight budget, save money by taking inventory of what you have on hand and start planning from there. Use ingredients that are date sensitive first, and you’ll minimize waste.
- Buy staples such as beef, chicken and pork in bulk or when on sale, divide into portions according to the amount of people you normally cook for, then freeze. Ground beef can also be browned in advance and frozen for busy day meals. You can see how to do that here.
- Pasta, rice and potatoes add bulk to recipes at a low cost and they cook quickly. So, keep these items in your pantry ready to transform into dishes that you can pull together in a snap.
- Dry beans are very inexpensive. If you choose one day to prepare them on the stovetop, they can then be divided and frozen in desired portions. Doing this, will have them ready for a quick stovetop chili or to use an ingredient in a casserole or soup on a busy day.
- Be creative. Cooking, unlike baking, leaves plenty of room for improv. Often dishes I’ve pulled together using ingredients that I already have on hand turn out so tasty that they become family favorites.