Today On Parade
Holiday weekends are as much a part of summer as lemonade and sunshine. When hosting a backyard barbecue for friends and family, it’s key to prepare as many dishes as possible in advance and this mouthwatering collection of 30 Summer Salads Perfect For Your Memorial Day Barbecue is sure to inspire you. While grilled burgers and hot dogs usually take center stage, these spectacular side dish salads may outshine them both. Included in this round-up are crunchy slaws, a variety of pasta, grilled corn and potato salads as well as, a vanilla syrup glazed fruit salad. If layering is your preference, a vibrant seven layer salad or a Southwestern-inspired cornbread salad is sure to fit the bill. (Link to article below image)
Summer Salad Tips
Warm weather picnics call for a little pre-planning when enjoying food outdoors.
- Chill salads that you’ve prepared in advance thoroughly, and pack in insulated carriers for travel.
- Take full advantage of ice filled coolers to keep items cold.
- Salads that feature dressings that are vinegar based tend to fare well in hot weather and syrup glazed fruit salads are always a win.
- When planning a cold salad bar, coordinate with other cooks so that there will be a variety of salads to enjoy and no duplicates.
- Don’t forget to pack the serving spoons to serve the salads once you reach your destination.
- For links to the recipes visit my Parade kitchen and scroll through the gallery of pictures and plan your holiday weekend menu today.
See the FULL collection of 30 Summer Salads Perfect For Your Memorial Day Barbecue here on Parade