Today On Parade
When a holiday weekend is upon us our special menu planning kicks into full swing. Lower your stress level and make as many dishes as possible in advance so you can enjoy family time, too. Dishes like cute pastel Deviled Egg Chicks, cheesy Slow Cooked Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, soft No Knead Overnight Dinner Rolls and crisp Green Bean Salad will tantalize the taste buds of your guests. Salads can be prepared in advance and chilled but, so can many casserole dishes. To adjust, bring chilled casseroles to room temperature or simply increase the baking time to allow for the dishes to cook and heat thoroughly. Plan your Easter menu with this collection of 32 Delicious Make Ahead Easter Side Dishes so you can sit back and enjoy an extra special day. (Link to collection below image)
Make Ahead Dishes Are The Secret To Entertaining Success
I love entertaining and planning the menu is only half of the fun. Just a few things to keep in mind when hosting a large group for Easter dinner:
- Serving buffet style makes it easier to arrange the food all in one place so people can serve themselves at leisure.
- Utilize cake pedestals to arrange dishes at different heights for visual appeal.
- If your guests offer to bring a dish or help with clean-up..let them. It’s much more fun when everyone pitches in to help.
- Purchase a selection of drinks in advance and have them chilled and ready for serving. Keep them in an area separate from the food buffet to allow for ease of access.
- Set-up desserts near the drinks as they will be accessed at different times during the meal and you’ll avoid foot traffic jams.
- Most importantly, have fun and enjoy your guests. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- See also 25 Irresistible Easter Sweets and Treats and Easter Egg Pretzel Bark here in the MSSK Recipe Index.