Today On Parade
My article for Parade this week is all about irresistible appetizers. Regardless of the occasion, finger foods often set the mood for a party. Plan your menu with this collection of 36 Scrumptious Party Ready Summer Appetizers. Whether you’re hosting a warm weather party or a holiday event, guests will flock to the appetizer table to sample classic shrimp cocktail, crudite with a whipped basil ricotta dip, spicy tuna crostini bites and sweet strawberry mango salsa. Casual entertaining recipes include a gooey baked pizza dip, festive two-bite pinwheels and finger sandwiches filled with Southern pimento cheese.You’ll eat the rainbow with these easy make-and-take appetizers for your next party. Scroll through the gallery on Parade and plan your finger foods menu today (Link to article below image)
Tips For Serving Appetizers
When planning a party, appetizers are typically served buffet style. When doing so, consider the following tips to make your party a success.It’s important to do the planning in advance so you can enjoy your guests and the festivities, too.
- Make as many dishes as possible ahead of time and prep vegetables and dips that can be assembled just before serving
- Set-up a buffet area for efficient flow. Start with plates and flatware wrapped in napkins, then arrange savory foods at different heights for visual appeal
- Create a separate space for desserts and drinks so everyone can access each area more easily without stepping on one another
- When guests offer to bring a dish or help with clean-up…let them!
- Don’t stress out over the details. Remember the day is about enjoying good food, fun one another’s company.
See the FULL collection of 36 Scrumptious Party Ready Appetizers here on parade