Skip the buns and make this Bacon Cheeseburger Stromboli using pizza dough and you'll wrap up dinner in no time flat.
Bacon Cheeseburger Stromboli
This is what happens when the family wants burgers for dinner but you don't have hamburger buns on hand. You all know that moment when you begin to think of ways to improvise just to get a meal on the table and satisfy your hungry eaters. Since my kids enjoy making their own pizzas, I usually have prepared pizza dough of some kind on hand. After serving it once, this bacon cheeseburger stromboli is requested as often as traditional burgers on a bun. It's a fun bread to make, and the kiddos can get in on dinner prep, too.
Helpful Tips for Making Bacon Cheeseburger Stromboli
- This recipe was designed for ease of preparation hence the use of refrigerated pizza dough. It's formulated to bake quickly and fully so, it really is the best crust to use for this recipe.
- To save time, the ground beef can be cooked in advance, and refrigerated until you're ready to assemble.
- You can add additional toppings to the filling, if you like.
- I don't measure the ketchup and mustard, it's really one of those moments you "eyeball" the amount. The amounts in the recipe should be used as a guideline and can be easily adjusted.
- You can divide this into 1 inch slices or cut it into bigger pieces depending on the appetites of those you're serving.
- You may want to serve additional ketchup and mustard on the side for dipping.
Other Stromboli Recipes to Add to the Menu
Easy stromboli recipes should be on your regular easy meal rotation. Other recipes you may like to try:
- A fan favorite stretch steak into another meal with my Pepper Steak Stromboli.
- Turn rotisserie chicken into this Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli.
- Wrap up breakfast in pizza dough and start your day with a Sunrise Stromboli.
- You may also like this recipe for Chocolate Chip Dessert Pizza to finish the meal from Sugar Spun run.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Cheeseburger Stromboli
- 1 13.4 oz can refrigerated pizza dough i.e. Pillsbury Classic
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion small dice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt plus additional for the top
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼-1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon dill pickles small dice
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Have nearby a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large skillet cook beef and onion in 1-2 tablespoon olive oil. Cook over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until no pink remains. Add garlic and Worcestershire sauce, cook for 1 minute longer. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Mix well. Drain excess fat from pan.
- To assemble: Stretch pizza dough into roughly a 10 x 13 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded cheese. Arrange the cooked ground beef and bacon on top. Drizzle with ketchup and mustard.
- Top with chopped dill pickles. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Begin rolling from the widest edge shaping as you go, ending seam side down. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden.
- Rest for 5 minutes, then cut into 1-inch slices and serve.
Hi Rhonda, thank you for stopping by to visit. A Silpat is a silicone baking mat. NOTHING sticks to it, it's a wonderful tool to have in the kitchen. Silicone baking mats are sold under many different brand names now, and I highly recommend them, if you love to bake.
Yes, it sure is, one sweet onion.
One large sweet,is that a sweet onion?
I would enjoy getting email when you publish new ones
Hi Carolee, If you'll look in the right sidebar, you'll see an opportunity to sign-up for emails. Just follow the prompts and you'll be good to go. Thanks!
I know, and it's almost here. ☺ Thanks Linda!
This looks great for football season Melissa! Love it:)