These easy Banoffee English Muffins are a riff on the popular dessert, Banoffee Pie. These individual servings are ideal for brunch, tea time or a quick dessert in a pinch.
Banoffee English Muffins
Do you need a quick and delicious dessert? Or, perhaps you just want something a little different to serve as a sweet for breakfast in place of pancakes, muffins or waffles. English muffins have been a long time favorite choice for a quick pizza crust. I think they're also a stupendous choice to use as a crust for a dessert pizza and enjoyed as a sweet ending to any meal, even breakfast. Especially, when you're not particularly inclined to bake from scratch or simply not in the mood to prepare a more elaborate dessert.
Banoffee English Muffins an Easy Brunch Treat
If you've been following my blog since the beginning, you know how much I love dulce de leche. I have to admit, I'm busy dreaming up more uses for this heavenly product as I'm writing this recipe. The beauty of this sweet delight is that you can have a warm and gooey, caramel drippin', banana lovin' dessert in minutes. Oh yes, and if you're a fanatic like me and you love lots of caramel...go ahead and use 2 cans of dulce, after all, it is your party!
- Make your own dulce de leche using my recipe in a slow cooker
- Use as much as you want, this is a fun and easy dessert so drizzle to your heart's content.
- You may also enjoy my recipes for Dulce de Leche Cream Cheese Frosting, Caramel Swirl Cream Pie and Caramel Drizzled Praline Apples.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Homemade Caramels from Tastes Better from Scratch
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Banoffee English Muffins
Servings: 12 servings
- 6 English muffin cut in half
- 6 medium bananas
- 1 13.4 oz can dulce de leche i.e. Nestles
- 4 tablespoon salted butter softened
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20 oz thawed frozen whipped topping or sweetened fresh whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to broil and move the oven rack to the highest position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until fully blended. Slather each muffin half with the butter mixture.
- Arrange on the baking sheet and place into the oven to toast. Toast for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
- While the muffins are toasting, warm the dulce de leche in the microwave in 30 second increments, stopping to stir each time. Repeat until it's thin enough to drizzle.
- Slice the bananas in half lengthwise, then chop into quarters. Divide the banana chunks equally between the toasted muffin halves. Drizzle with dulce de leche.
- Top each with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Hi Didi!! My pleasure, and you're right, I'm on a personal mission to change that fact!! lol xoxo
Melissa, OMG!! That's all I can say, literally...
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe!! I also love the Dulce, could never figure out why more people don't know about it!!
I know this will definitely be on my table over the summer!!