Banoffee English Muffins – Do you need a quick and delicious dessert? Or, perhaps you just want something a little different to serve as a sweet for breakfast in place of pancakes, muffins or waffles. English muffins have been a long time favorite choice for a quick pizza crust. I think they’re also a stupendous choice to use as a crust for a dessert pizza and enjoyed as a sweet ending to any meal, even breakfast. Especially, when you’re not particularly inclined to bake from scratch or simply not in the mood to prepare a more elaborate dessert.
If you’ve been following my blog since the beginning, you know how much I love dulce de leche. I have to admit, I’m busy dreaming up more uses for this heavenly product as I’m writing this recipe. The beauty of this sweet delight is that you can have a warm and gooey, caramel drippin’, banana lovin’, fluffy, creamy, dessert for 12 in around 15 minutes. Oh yes, and if you’re a fanatic like me and you love lots of caramel…go ahead and use 2 cans of dulce, after all, it is your party!
Banoffee English Muffins
Author: Melissa Sperka
- 12 English muffin halves
- 6 medium bananas
- 1 or 2 [13.4 oz] cans dulce de leche [I used Nestles]
- 4 Tbsp softened butter
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 20 oz thawed frozen whipped topping or sweetened fresh whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to broil and move the oven rack to the highest position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until fully blended. Slather each muffin half with the butter mixture.
- Arrange on the baking sheet and place into the oven to toast. Toast for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
- While the muffins are toasting, warm the dulce de leche in the microwave until it's thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle the toasted muffins each with around a teaspoon of warm dulce de leche reserving the rest for the tops. If you're using 2 cans of dulce...drizzle to your hearts content!!
- Slice the bananas in half lengthwise, then chop into quarters. Divide the banana chunks equally between the toasted muffin halves.
- Drizzle each stack of bananas with the remaining dulce de leche.
- Top each with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve immediately.