This post bought to you by White Lily Flour ~ I have truly loved being chosen as an Ambassador for White Lily Flour this year. It’s given me the opportunity to share about our beloved house bread of the South. Biscuits. I call these Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits biscuits because instead of rolling and cutting them into rounds I use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough into the cast iron skillet. Filled with cheese and lots of crumbled bacon after baking in cast iron they form a crispy golden crust on the bottom of the biscuits with golden tops.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of White Lily Flour as a 2015 Brand Ambassador. The opinion and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share brands with you that I enjoy. ~ Melissa
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- 2 cup White Lily Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed plus 2 Tbsp melted
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika or cayenne
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a medium size mixing bowl. cut the butter into the flour and paprika until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Make a well in the center and add 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Mix with a fork adding more buttermilk until it forms a soft dough and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Brush the sides and bottom of a 10-inch cast iron skillet with melted butter, reserving some butter to brush the tops. Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the dough. Place into the skillet side by side. Brush the tops with melted butter.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the tops are golden. Serve hot.