This easy Cheddar Vegetable Gratin turns mixed vegetables into a go-to side everyone will love. It utilizes ingredients we often all have on hand turning pantry staples into a delicious side dish for any day of the week.
Easy Cheddar Vegetable Gratin
I’m a Mom to two boys, and just like you, take every opportunity to turn vegetables into a desirable side dish for my kids. Every opportunity. Seriously. What better way to do that than to make this cheddar vegetable gratin that adds cheese and a crispy buttery topping? Somehow, the creamy cheese filling magically turns the flavor of peas and carrots into a glorious thing.
Family Pleasing Cheddar Vegetable Gratin
When I first began making this dish for my family, my boys were little. When I came across a flavor combination that they liked, it tended to show-up rather often on our dinner rotation. Apart from stand-by’s like green bean casserole, hot dog cheesy macaroni and cheese and cheesy mashed potato casserole, this gratin became a regular side dish. I must admit, I love it too. It’s one of those mix-it-all-together then bake until bubbly dishes. The perfect complimentary vegetable side dish to so many entrees, and it’s colorful, too. Another delicious recipe to try are these Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots from Cafe Delights,
Other Potluck Casserole Recipes to Try
Casseroles are the savory main dish equivalent to dump cakes. Everything is poured into a casserole dish then baked until bubbly. It’s a beautiful thing. Other casserole recipes you may enjoy:
- Portabella Mushroom and Vidalia Onion Gratin goes beautifully with grilled steaks, pork and chicken.
- Broccoli Cheddar Gratin a made from scratch broccoli casserole.
- Ham and Noodle Gratin inspired by a dish we had at Germany in the world showcase during a visit to Epcot at Disney World.
- Summer Squash Gratin for summertime garden bounty.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Cheddar Vegetable Gratin
- 2 12 oz package frozen mixed vegetables steamed per package directions
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of celery or cream of onion soup
- 2 medium green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 oz diced pimento drained
- 4 Tbsp butter or light butter melted
- 2 tsp Mrs Dash Original
- 1 tsp garlic salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper adjust to taste
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 20 round buttery crackers (i.e. Ritz) crushed
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter or spray a 9 x 9 OR 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Steam vegetables per package directions slightly under cooking.
- Add to a mixing bowl with the, soup, onions, mayonnaise, pimento, melted butter, Mrs Dash, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until blended pour evenly into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Toss together crackers with melted butter until evenly distributed, sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbly then serve.