A piece of this Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake is like a party any day of the week. It begins with a cake mix that’s filled with cheesecake flavored pudding and topped with cheesecake frosting filled with birthday cookies. It’s not too too fussy to prepare and super easy to assemble. These types of party cakes are designed to be fun to make and eat.
Sheet cakes travel and store well, so they’re great for entertaining large crowds, office or church potlucks and picnics. Poke cakes are a crowd pleaser by design and the fun variations are able to be made successfully by bakers of all skill levels. This poke cake is filled with cheesecake flavored pudding then topped with a fluffy cream cheese topping laced with crushed golden birthday cake cookies. Top it off with colorful sprinkles, and it’s a party in your mouth.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake
- 1 [16.25] oz box of butter cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 2 [3.4] oz boxes instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 cup cold whole milk
- 1  oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed or 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 1 [15.25] oz package Golden Birthday Cake Oreo cookies chopped and divided
- Prepare the cake mix per the package instructions and bake accordingly for a 9 x 13 inch cake.
- After baking, poke holes over the top using the handle of a wooden spoon or similar.
- Use a hand mixer to whip together both boxes of instant pudding with 3 cups of cold milk. Whip until thickened but still pourable
- Pour over the cake and spread. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until combined. Fold in the whipped topping by hand until combined.
- Fold in 1/2 of the chopped Oreo cookies. Spread over the top of the cake.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped cookies and decorate with colorful sprinkles.
- Store refrigerated.