This easy Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake recipe proves that you can party like it's your birthday any day of the week. It begins with a boxed cake mix that's filled with cheesecake flavored pudding and topped with a delicious cookie filled cheesecake frosting. It's super simple to prepare with ingredients that are easy to find. It's designed to be fun to make and eat.
Easy Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake Recipe
What is a poke cake? Poke cakes are sheet cakes that are baked then immediately poked all over with either a fork or the back of a wooden spoon to form holes. The holes are then filled with any variety of fillings depending on the specific cake. One thing I love about sheet cakes is they travel and store more easily than a layer cake making them great for entertaining large crowds They're also one of those classic desserts always found at office and church potlucks and picnics.
How to Make the Best Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake Recipe
Poke cakes are a crowd pleaser by design and the fun variations are able to be made successfully by bakers of all skill levels. This poke cake is filled with cheesecake flavored pudding then topped with a fluffy cream cheese topping filled with crushed golden Oreo birthday cake cookies. Top it off with colorful sprinkles, and it's a party in your mouth.
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for homemade Birthday Poke Cake: One box of Butter flavored or yellow cake mix, cheesecake instant pudding mix, plain cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, vanilla, whipped topping and birthday cake Oreos.
- If you're unable to find birthday cake Oreos you can use any private label brand or a different brand of funfetti or sprinkle sandwich cookies in the same amount.
- You could use vanilla or white chocolate flavor instant pudding in place of cheesecake pudding if you're unable to find it.
- Do the cookies soften? Yes, they will soften just a bit much like Nilla wafers do in banana pudding. It doesn't take away from the texture or flavor this cake is luscious and so simple to make. Consider it just a normal part of incorporating cookies in a filling.
- You should store leftovers of this cheesecake birthday poke cake covered and chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You could freeze this birthday cake for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
More Poke Cake Recipes to Make
Poke cake flavors are only limited by your imagination. they're not to be taken too seriously as they're meant to be fun and playful. Other cake flavors you may like to try:
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake combining two Southern desserts into one.
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake is fall ready using that loveable combination of apples and caramel.
- This Candy Cane Cheesecake Poke Cake. is infused with the flavors of the holiday season.
- Peanut butter lovers Reese's Poke Cake from Cupcakes and Kale Chips.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake
- 1 15.25 oz box of butter cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 cup cold whole milk
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed or 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 1 15.25 oz package Golden Birthday Cake Oreo cookies chopped and divided
- Prepare the cake mix per the package instructions and bake accordingly for a 13 x 9 inch sheet cake.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, poke holes over the top using the handle of a wooden spoon or similar.
- Use a hand mixer to whip together both boxes of instant pudding with 3 cups of cold milk. Whip until thickened but still pourable
- Pour over the cake and spread. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until combined. Fold in the whipped topping by hand until combined.
- Fold in ½ of the chopped Oreo cookies. Spread over the top of the cake.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped cookies and decorate with colorful sprinkles.
- Chill for 4 hours before cutting. Store refrigerated.