A piece of this Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake is like a party any day of the week. It begins with a cake mix that's filled with cheesecake flavored pudding and topped with cheesecake frosting filled with birthday cookies. It's not too too fussy to prepare and super easy to assemble. These types of party cakes are designed to be fun to make and eat.
Sheet Cakes like this Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake are Potluck Staples
Sheet cakes travel and store well, so they're great for entertaining large crowds They're also a classic dessert always found at office and church potlucks and picnics. Poke cakes are a crowd pleaser by design and the fun variations are able to be made successfully by bakers of all skill levels. This poke cake is filled with cheesecake flavored pudding then topped with a fluffy cream cheese topping filled with crushed golden Oreo birthday cake cookies. Top it off with colorful sprinkles, and it's a party in your mouth.
Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake and more Poke Cake Recipes to Love
Poke cake flavors are only limited by your imagination. they're not to be taken too seriously as they're meant to be fun and playful. Other cake flavors you may like to try:
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake combining two Southern desserts into one.
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake ready for Fall.
- Seasonal peppermint infused Candy Cane Cheesecake Poke Cake.
- Peanut butter lovers Reese's Poke Cake from Cupcakes and Kale Chips.
So much fun to make and eat!
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesecake Birthday Poke Cake
- 1 15.25 oz box of butter cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 cup cold whole milk
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed or 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 1 15.25 oz package Golden Birthday Cake Oreo cookies chopped and divided
- Prepare the cake mix per the package instructions and bake accordingly for a 13 x 9 inch sheet cake.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, poke holes over the top using the handle of a wooden spoon or similar.
- Use a hand mixer to whip together both boxes of instant pudding with 3 cups of cold milk. Whip until thickened but still pourable
- Pour over the cake and spread. Cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until combined. Fold in the whipped topping by hand until combined.
- Fold in ½ of the chopped Oreo cookies. Spread over the top of the cake.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped cookies and decorate with colorful sprinkles.
- Chill for 4 hours before cutting. Store refrigerated.