I top this pizza with a creamy basil pesto sauce. This creamy sauce is so very flavorful and it’s a fantastic departure from the flavors you might expect to find on a regular pizza. I always serve it with a spinach salad to round out my twist on a grown-up pizza meal.
Chicken, Broccoli & Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
- 1 [11 or 13 oz] pkg thin or classic refrigerated pizza crust or 1 lb homemade pizza dough
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 2 Tbsp prepared basil pesto [I used Classico]
- 1 1/2 cups Italian blended cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced roasted chicken
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup roasted sliced red peppers
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and unroll the pizza dough onto the parchment. Stretch the dough into roughly an 8 x 13 inch rectangle.
- In a bowl, mix together the Alfredo sauce with 2 tablespoons of basil pesto.
- Spread one half of the sauce over the crust and sprinkle half of the cheese over the sauce.
- Arrange the chicken, broccoli and roasted pepper slices on top of the crust.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce evenly over the toppings and season with garlic salt and black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded Italian cheese and Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden, then cut into squares.
- Serve hot.
If you have a favorite pizza dough recipe, by all means use it! Adjust the baking time accordingly. I often purchase pizza dough in one pound portions from the Deli section of my local grocery store or my local pizzeria for a time saver.