Chicken And Chorizo Casserole With Pesto Crescent Pinwheels is one of those meals that looks fussy, but can be put together quite easily. If you’ve been following my blog for some time, then you know how much I love one dish meals. They’re convenient, versatile, and usually come together with ease. In other words, they can become an invaluable choice for busy moms and dads.
In this casserole dish, seasoned steamed veggies are combined with tender roasted chicken and spicy chorizo sausage. Dressed with a creamy Alfredo sauce and an Italian blend of cheese. Top it off with crescent roll pinwheels flavored with basil pesto, then bake until golden and bubbly. Recipe category: “no fuss meals” that are company worthy.
isclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken And Chorizo Casserole With Pesto Crescent Pinwheels
- For the filling:
- 2 [11.8 oz] pkg Mediterranean blend vegetables [i.e. Green Giant Seasoned Steamers]
- 2 1/2 cup rotisserie chicken cubed
- 8 oz fresh chorizo sausage cooked & crumbled
- 1 [15 oz] jar Alfredo sauce plus 1 cup
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 2 cup shredded Italian Cheese blend or mozzarella divided
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Pesto Crescent Pinwheels:
- 1 [12 oz] refrigerated big & flaky crescent rolls or refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend or mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spay. Set aside.
- To prepare the filling: Steam the Mediterranean seasoned vegetables in the microwave per the instructions on the package, slightly undercooking. Add to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- To the vegetables add the cubed chicken, crumbled chorizo, alfredo sauce, 1/4 cup basil pesto, 1 1/2 cups of shredded Italian cheese, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes. Taste and season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Mix well.
- Pour into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the top with the reserved 1/2 cup of shredded Italian or mozzarella cheese.
- To prepare the pesto crescent pinwheels: Unroll the crescent rolls. Press into roughly a 10 x 13 inch rectangle pressing the perforations together to seal.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons of prepared basil pesto and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded Italian or mozzarella cheese.
- Begin to roll, starting with the widest edge. Use a sharp knife to slice into 12 equal portions.
- Arrange on top of the filling.
- Sprinkle the tops with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.