As a family, we have a long-standing love of visiting apple orchards, so to say these Cinnamon Apple Fritters are a family favorite is an understatement. The cinnamon laced buttermilk batter is filled with sweet chunks of apple and then fried until golden and crisp. A generous dusting of powdered sugar and they're ready to eat immediately as a dessert, brunch treat or snack.
Cinnamon Apple Fritters Recipe
There's just something exciting about a fresh crop of apples and a bountiful harvest and, I find the aroma of apples in the air intoxicating. Apples in any variety are pure and sweet straight from the tree to your table, one of the many wonders of God's creation. The aroma is particularly pleasing if the orchard also produces cider to go along with these cinnamon apple fritters. The cider bar at one of our favorite apple orchards in Tennessee has a restaurant that serves hot, powdered sugar dusted apple fritters to everyone who enters the door. It's their way of saying "Welcome y'all!" And, a mighty warm apple'licious welcome it is. We couldn't possibly wait until our yearly visits to enjoy them.
Tips for Serving Cinnamon Apple Fritters
- I like to serve them dusted with powdered sugar as you see in the pictures for a pretty presentation and a hint of sweet with each bite.
- Also, a sweet cinnamon honey butter or apple butter on the side wouldn't hurt.
- They can be enjoyed any time of day for a sweet treat and a fantastic excuse to have fritters for breakfast.
- Another breakfast or brunch treat you may enjoy are these Apple Muffins from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cinnamon Apple Fritters
- 2 cup self-rising flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg or allspice
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium-large golden delicious apples peeled, cored, small dice
- vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a heavy bottomed pot heat approximately 5 inches of vegetable oil to 350°-360F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, sift together the self-rising flour, sugar, ground cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice and ginger.
- Add the melted butter, buttermilk, beaten eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the diced apple and mix until evenly distributed. Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop or a Tbsp to drop into the hot oil.
- Cook in batches for approximately 3 minutes per side until golden. Turn for even browning.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove to a paper towel lined cookie sheet to drain.
- Dust with powdered sugar, serve immediately.