Confetti Pasta Salad Recipe
It's fun to use different shapes of pasta such as this pipette pasta, to jazz up a simple dish like a pasta salad. Pipette pasta is shaped much like elbow macaroni but, it has ridges which really clings to the dressing. It never ceases to amaze me how using different shapes of pasta makes a dish seem more "special" to the people eating it. This vibrant salad can be whipped up in around 20 minutes, but, I recommend chilling it for at least 2 hours prior to serving to allow the flavors to combine.
Pasta Salad Making Tips
There's no better way to enjoy the sunny days of Summer than a backyard barbecue with friends and family. Whether you're serving hot dogs and hamburgers, ribs, steaks or chicken this picnic perfect pasta salad will complement the entrée of choice. Making pasta salad isn't rocket science but it's important to do a few things right to ensure a delicious end result.
- Make an effort to cook the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions. Mushy overcooked pasta isn't very appetizing or appealing.
- You may adjust the additions to this salad with your favorite fresh vegetables. Thinly sliced carrot for sweetness or sliced radishes for crunch and to add a bite to the flavor.
- Chill the salad thoroughly so the flavors have time to marry and the flavor can expand.
- You may also like to try my recipes for Mediterranean Penne Pasta Salad, Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad with and Pasta Salad with Ham.
- You may also like this recipe for Confetti Cornbread from My Recipes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Confetti Pasta Salad
- 8 oz dry pipette pasta cooked to al dente
- 2 cups Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar adjust to taste (omit if using Miracle Whip)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper or black pepper adjust to taste
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup each diced red, orange and green bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley or basil
- Cook the pipette pasta in salted boiling water per the instructions on the box until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, buttermilk, vinegar, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, celery salt and black pepper.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the dressing adding the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, bell peppers and parsley. Stir until evenly coated.
- Chill thoroughly for 4 hours or overnight. .
- Stir before serving and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.