Fans of sweet and salty flavor combinations are immediately drawn to this Easter Egg Pretzel Bark. In it, flat pretzels are topped with salted peanuts then smothered in melted chocolate and peanut butter chips. Arrange colorful peanut M&M’s on top then let it sit until hardened enough to break apart and enjoy.
Easy Easter Egg Pretzel Bark Recipe
Easter and Easter egg candy treats go hand in hand and in my opinion, so do sweet and salty flavor combinations. This chocolate pretzel bark is simple, festive and a great opportunity to get the kids creativity involved in the preparation. They can help by arranging the pretzel crisps on the pan and stirring the chocolate peanut butter mixture when needed. Let them have fun arranging the colorful eggs on top after everything is covered in the melted chocolate and peanut butter chips. It gives them some insight into how make Easter sweets and treats plus the memories made are irreplaceable.
How to Make the Best Easter Egg Pretzel Bark Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Easter Egg Pretzel Bark: Plain flat pretzels i.e. pretzel factory or similar, milk chocolate chips, milk chocolate and peanut butter chips (combination OLR use only peanut butter chips), solid vegetable shortening, chopped peanuts, Easter egg pastel peanut M & M’s, spring sprinkles.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A double boiler or heat proof bowl and saucepan, spoons, an offset spatula or spoon to spread the melted chocolate, measuring spoons and wax paper lined rimmed sheet pan.
- You can mix up the flavor of the chocolate used. If you’re unable to locate the combined chocolate and peanut butter chips you can use only peanut butter chips or another kind of chocolate chips in the same amount.
- If you use a whole bag of peanut butter chips, the color will be lighter.
- For the salty layer I use flat pretzels. These were first made famous by The Pretzel Factory brand but now you can find them in many private label store brands. Any brand will do.
- You can use salted cocktail peanuts or dry roasted peanuts in this recipe, it’s fine to go with your personal preference.
- Package and give this Easter Egg Pretzel Bark as gifts or fill your family’s Easter baskets with a homemade treat this year.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
More Easy Easter Dessert Recipes to Make
- Put together an Easter Charcuterie Board for snacking.
- Cute as a button Easter Rice Krispies Treats are shaped like nests perfect for edible candy eggs.
- Peanutty Popcorn Bunny Munchies are an edible craft the whole family can make.
- Easter M & M Cookie Bars are filled with pastel M & M’s.
- Hot Cross Buns are an Easter tradition.
- Tuck these Spring Hot Chocolate Bombs in the Easter baskets for a homemade treat.
- Easy Easter Marshmallow Dessert from Butter with a Side of Bread.
Thanks for vising come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Easter Egg Pretzel Bark
- 1 11 oz package peanut butter & milk chocolate chips
- 1 11 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- 1 7.2 oz package original flat pretzel crisps [i.e.The Snack Factory]
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1 12 oz package Reese's Pieces Pastel Eggs
- Easter sprinkles
- Melt peanut butter and milk chocolate chips with shortening in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir periodically until the chips are completely melted and smooth.
- Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spread the pretzel crisps evenly over the pan, overlapping is fine. Sprinkle peanuts over pretzel crisps.
- Pour the smooth chocolate over the pretzels and peanuts.
- Use the back of a spoon or an off set spatula to spread the warm chocolate covering the pretzels and peanuts completely.
- Nestle the Reese's Pieces Pastel Eggs into the chocolate while it's still warm. There's no exact way to do this, be creative!
- Fill in with the Easter sprinkles.
- Allow the pretzel bark to set up and harden, then break or cut into pieces.
- Store at room temperature.