This Frozen Berry Fruit Salad is a delicious make-ahead dessert option that comes together in a snap. Filled with a blend of mixed berries and toasted pecans, it’s an easy sweet treat you can serve any time of year.
Frozen Berry Fruit Salad
Frozen fruit salads are a classic dessert in the South with many variations. You my use any variety of fruit that you enjoy, from a simple can of fruit cocktail, to a combination of fresh strawberries and bananas. Some frozen fruit salads even include mayonnaise as an ingredient as you can see here on Hellmann’s website.
Tips for Making Frozen Fruit Salad
- For this recipe, I use a 16 oz bag of frozen mixed berries that includes strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. You may use any blend of berries that you enjoy.
- This dessert has so few ingredients, I highly recommend that you go for the gold and use heavy cream. Life is short, eat dessert first.
- When mixing the berries into the cream filling, the juice from the berries gives it a pretty pink hue. If you like, you can add a few drops of food coloring but, it’s not necessary to do so.
- You’ll need to allow time for the dessert to soften before cutting. Leave on the counter for 25-30 minutes then use a sharp knife to cut into pieces.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh berry just before serving, if desired.
Other Fresh Fruit Treats to Enjoy
My punch bowl fruit salad trifle is a spectacular choice for family gatherings, baby and bridal showers. A glorious fruit bowl sundae is a fun warm weather dessert that kids of all ages swoon over. Also, my easy fruit dip can be paired with seasonal fruit as a two-bite dessert for any occasion.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Frozen Berry Fruit Salad
- 1 1/3 cup chopped pecans toasted and divided
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 16 oz bag frozen mixed berries i.e. strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- optional garnishes sweetened whipped cream and fresh strawberries
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar vanilla and almond extracts.
- Gradually add heavy cream beating on medium-high for 3-5 minutes or until fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Fold in frozen berries and 1 cup pecans by hand.
- Spread into a 8 x 8 inch dish. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Cover and freeze overnight or until fully frozen.
- Rest on counter for 25-30 minutes to allow to soften. Run a knife around the edge then use a sharp knife to cut into desired size pieces.
- Serve immediately garnished as desired.