Garlic Butter Steak Bites are as versatile as they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Enjoy them as an appetizer or as an entrée with your favorite complementary sides to complete the meal.
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
When it comes to quick and easy meals, steak bites may not be the first thing that comes to mind. Admittedly, steak can be a bit of an indulgent entrée to serve for a family but, the small amount of effort it takes to make these steak bites is minimal considering the mouthwatering end result. Teriyaki steak bites, sautéed with green pepper and onion and sirloin steak tips with creamy mushrooms are just two of our family's weekday steak favorites. When you catch steak on sale, that's the time to stock your freezer for this busy day meal entrée that's fit for a king.
Tips for Making Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- This recipe can be made with your favorite cut of beef. Some cuts will cook more quickly than others so, keep an eye on the pan.
- I recommend beginning this recipe with oil and butter. This helps prevent the milk solids in the butter from burning when cooking at a higher temperature.
- The cooking time can be adjusted according to the size of the pieces being cooked and to your personal preference.
Dishes to Serve with Steak Bites
We all have our favorite dishes to serve alongside steak. Whether it's a simple baked potato and fresh salad or creamed spinach and roasted potatoes to round things out. Other dishes you may want to consider:
When serving these steak bites as an entrée you may also enjoy:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Teriyaki Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms and Onion
- Slow Cooked Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
When serving these steak bites as an appetizer:
- Japanese Steakhouse Yum Yum Sauce for dipping.
- A big batch of Comeback Sauce a Southern staple for dipping fries, chicken, onion rings and more.
- See also Horseradish Sauce from Natasha's Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- 2 lb beef tenderloin, new york strip steak or ribeye cut into bite size cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 tablespoon unsalted butter divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt adjust amount to your taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- few dashes teriyaki or Worcestershire sauce optional
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- In a large heavy bottomed skillet heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 6 tablespoon butter in a microwave safe dish. Set aside.
- Add steak bites to skillet. Season with salt, pepper and a few dashes of teriyaki or Worcestershire. Cook until the steak forms a crust about 2 minutes.
- Turn, drizzle with melted butter and add garlic. Cook an additional 2 minutes or for 4-6 minutes total. Adjust according to your desired level of doneness and size of pieces. Mix well to evenly coat steak with butter and garlic. Remove from heat,
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately. May serve as an entree or as an appetizer with food picks.
I can never get my steak tender. Any suggestions?
Hi Carolyn, it can sometimes be the meat itself. The more marbling, the more tender it will be. The exception is, of course, beef tenderloin. Also, under cook it just a bit and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes. It will continue to cook further and the juices will have time to redistribute.
I make this with Stew meat from Costco.. it's very very tender and delicious
I'm so happy you enjoyed it, thanks!