Garlic-Lime Chicken Fajita Pizza
Servings: 8 pieces
- Homemade marinade:
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt & black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil & lime juice
- Shortcut marinade:
- 1 [1.06 oz] pkg Grill Mates Mojito Lime marinade [plus ingredients to prepare]
- For the pizza:
- 6 chicken tenders [see cook's note]
- 1 1 lb homemade pizza dough or 1 [13.8 oz] can refrigerated pizza dough [such as Pillsbury Classic]
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup taco sauce divided
- 1 small purple onion sliced
- 1/3 cup red pepper sliced
- 1/3 cup green pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro divided
- assorted toppings: sour cream salsa, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, black olives, jalapenos
- To prepare the homemade marinade, mix the oregano, garlic, cumin, 1/2 of the cilantro, salt and pepper with 1/4 cup each of lime juice and vegetable oil.
- Place the chicken tenders into a plastic storage bag and pour the marinade on top.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- For the shortcut marinade, follow the package instructions.
- To prepare the pizza, remove the chicken tenders from the storage bag and discard the marinade.
- Grill the chicken on medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side or until the juices run clear.
- Drizzle the peppers and onion lightly with vegetable oil and grill until crisp tender, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the chicken into pieces and set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the crust
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza dough into an 8 x 13 inch rectangle, then pour half of the taco sauce on top. Use mild, medium or hot your preference.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the sauce.
- Layer the sliced grilled chicken and vegetables over the cheese, then drizzle with the remaining taco sauce.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the toppings.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite fajita toppings.
Need a shortcut? Try using leftover or frozen prepared grilled chicken breast strips seasoned with garlic salt and a squeeze of fresh lime juice in place of the marinated chicken.