Shake-up your summer pasta salad menu with this Greek Pasta Salad. Dressed with a tangy vinaigrette, it's the ideal side dish for outdoor warm weather dining.
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
This Greek Pasta Salad features many of the flavors we know and love from the Mediterranean region and turns them into a fresh take on a pasta salad. In the South, we often reach for mayonnaise when it comes to dressing pasta salads but, sometimes it's nice to have something a little different, isn't it? Feta cheese, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes are tossed together with a simple, but flavorful vinaigrette. It's a snazzy side dish that will compliment any meal.
Helpful Tips and Other Pasta Salad Recipes to Try
- When making pasta salads, cook the past to al dente for the best texture.
- The flavors in this salad are so vibrant. They only become better the longer it sits making it ideal for make-ahead preparation.
- The sundried tomatoes add texture and color. Soaking them removes excess oil from overtaking the flavors of the salad as a whole.
- Allow ample time to chill.
- You may also like to try my pizza pasta salad, spicy buffalo chicken pasta salad and homestyle macaroni salad.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Greek pesto pasta from Well Plated.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Greek Pasta Salad
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 cups dry rotini pasta
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 ( 0.7 oz) packet Italian salad dressing mix [I used Good Seasons]
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (6.5 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced yellow pepper
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- In a medium size pot, cook the pasta in boiling salted water per the instructions on the box until al dente. Drain well.
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes in lukewarm water for 5 minutes then rinse and dice.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together dressing mix, oil, vinegar, parsley, sugar. garlic and oregano. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add cooked pasta, sundried tomatoes, artichokes, onion, pepper, olives, green onion and feta to the bowl. Mix well. (Reserve a small amount of cheese and green onion for garnishing.)
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir and top with reserved feta and green onions to garnish.
- Store leftovers chilled.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Sure, the sky is the limit...mix up your favorite Italian spice blend and tweak it to your taste.
That sounds yummy. I bet you could make something from scratch to replace the package of Good Seasons don't you think???