This homemade Lemon Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake is filled with plenty of fresh lemon zest and plump whole raspberries. When combined with pound cake they become the ultimate fresh berry pound cake that works for a holiday brunch, mid-afternoon treat or a sweet ending for a summer picnic.
Lemon Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
How to Make the Best Lemon Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Lemon Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake: Butter, granulated sugar, sour cream, all purpose flour, large eggs, baking soda, baking powder, salt, fresh raspberries, lemon zest, lemon extract, vanilla extract.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a 12- 14 cup Bundt pan or similar cake pan, whisk, rubber spatula, citrus zester, medium bowl, large bowl and cooling rack.
- I've been baking for a long time and pretty much always use a whisk to sift together my dry ingredients. I use it for biscuits, cookies, cakes and beyond. Trust me, it works like a charm.
- It's important to properly clean the raspberries and then spread them out onto a paper towel to dry. Be gentle, so they won't bruise or break.
- You could use blackberries or blueberries in this cake as well.
- Tossing the raspberries with a small amount of flour will help prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the batter. It's not fool proof, but it does help immensely.
- You can adapt the amount of lemon zest in the batter to suit your taste. You can use even more for a next level pop of lemon.
- Store this Lemon Raspberry Pound Cake in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- You can also freeze this pound cake for up to 2 months. If you freeze it in individual slices, you can pull out one piece at a time for dessert.
More Pound Cake Recipes to Make
- Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake from my cookbook is a true lemon treat.
- Million Dollar Pound Cake is a classic that everyone will love.
- Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake is topped with a rich chocolate ganache.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cake is filled with fresh berries and a creamy scratch made batter.
- My Orange Pound Cake is glazed with a complementary orange glaze.
- Banana Pudding Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a fusion of two favorites.
- Coconut Cream Pound Cake is ideal for Spring and Easter celebrations.
- Pound Cake Cupcakes from Amanda's Cookin'.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Lemon-Raspberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 2 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 pint red raspberries
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a standard Bundt pan or spray liberally with baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, lemon and vanilla extracts. Cream for 3 minutes until fluffy and light yellow in color. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Rinse and gently pat dry the raspberries. Toss with 2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour. Set aside.
- Sift together the 2 cup all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add to the creamed butter alternately with the sour cream. After all has been added, increase the speed of the mixer and beat until fully combined around 1 minute.
- Fold the lemon zest and raspberries into the batter by hand.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Cool in the pan to warm, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store chilled.