What is a Peach Raspberry Galette?
By definition, a galette is a French cuisine term used for a round flat cake-like dessert. Typically when you see the term used in desserts here in the US it's more like a pie than a cake. In this instance, there's no need to make a pie crust, a premade crust found in the Dairy section of the grocery store will work perfectly. When peaches are in season, I can toss this pie together in a pinch for a quick dessert that requires minimal fuss. Serve warm or at room temperature. Vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream is a must.
Other Peach Desserts to Try
Take full advantage of peach season and enjoy these recipes, too:
- Peach Shortcake
- Peach Iced Tea
- Peach Pineapple Freezer Jam
- Grilled Chili Lime Chicken with Peach Salsa
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust [i.e. Pillsbury]
- 1 pint fresh raspberries rinsed, pat dry
- 3-4 medium peaches cut into wedges
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Let pie crust stand on the counter for about 15 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Place peach slices into a medium size mixing bowl. Add zest and juice, toss well.
- Using a large spatula, stir peaches with cornstarch, sugar, nutmeg and salt. Mix well. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Unroll the crust onto a silicone mat and roll into a 10 inch round. Move to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Arrange the fruit filling in the middle of the crust leaving a 1 ½ inch border.
- Fold edges of crust over the filling, folding as needed. Brush edges with egg. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 425°F degrees for 25 minutes then lower the oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let baked galette stand on counter for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
- This is a loosely formed pie, so, some it's normal for some of the juices to escape during baking. Run an offset spatula or knife around the edge of the pastry to loosen it from the parchment paper as soon as you remove it from the oven.
- Turbinado sugar is a raw cane sugar that has a slightly brown color due to the molasses content. It's readily available in the sugar/baking section of most grocery stores.