This glorious Pecan Praline Caramel Trifle is a celebration of all of my favorite things. Bite-size cubes of homemade pecan praline buttermilk pound cake are layered with caramel pudding, whipped cream, caramel drizzle and toasted pecans. Add a generous sprinkle of toffee bits and it’s a confection the caramel fans in your life will love.
My Obsession with Caramel
To expedite the preparation for this pecan praline caramel trifle, I often make the Pecan Praline Buttermilk Pound Cake well in advance, cool, wrap and freeze. Then pull it out of the freezer to thaw in the refrigerator overnight when I need a special dessert. Doing this in advance means, I can move on to assembling the layers in no-time. Serve this irresistible dessert and it’ll turn any gathering into a special occasion.
Other Trifle Recipes You May Like to Try
I love trifle so much, I think there’s at least one for every single occasion. This classic English Trifle from Amanda’s Cookin’ would make a stunning addition to your holiday desserts and this fruity Strawberry Key Lime Cheesecake Trifle from Inside BruCrew Life will make your picnic table complete.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pecan Praline Caramel Trifle
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1 Pecan Praline Buttermilk Pound Cake cubed
- 2 3.4 oz boxes caramel instant pudding mix may substitute butterscotch
- 4 cups half & half
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 8 oz whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 14 oz can dulce de leche or quality caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup bits-o-brickle toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the chopped pecans in a single layer. Toast for 6-8 minutes then set aside to cool completely.
- Bake, cool and cube the Pecan Praline Buttermilk Pound Cake
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer whip together the instant pudding mix and half and half. Beat until thickened but still pourable.
- Add the cream cheese. Beat until completely incorporated about 2-3 minutes.
- By hand fold in 1 (8-oz) whipped topping.
- To assemble: start with 1/3 cake, topped with 1/2 pudding. Repeat ending with cubed cake.
- In a microwave safe bowl warm the dulce de leche until pourable for about 20-30 seconds.
- Drizzle 1/2 over the final layer of cubed cake. Frost with the remaining whipped topping.
- Drizzle the whipped topping with the remaining dulce de leche, sprinkle with bits-o-brickle and chopped pecans. (Make sure the dulce de leche is cooled slightly)
- Chill for 4 hours. Store leftovers chilled.