Are you looking for the sweetest of shareable breads? You’re guaranteed to make friends with these Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks with their own cream cheese dip. You can enjoy them as a dessert, at breakfast or for brunch. These sweet and spicy bread sticks will be a spectacular addition to any occasion.
Easy Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks Recipe
These delicious bread sticks are filled with sweet and spicy charm. Drizzled with a glorious cream cheese frosting, this recipe includes extra cream cheese dip to serve on the side for those who like a little extra. You can’t beat a bread recipe that doesn’t require actually making the bread. While, I love making most all of my baked goods from scratch, these bread sticks are made using frozen bread and it works like a charm.
Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks are a Cinch to Make
When making glazed sweet rolls and breads in the past, the only complaint I’ve ever heard about them was regarding the amount of glaze on top. It seemed that it was never enough. So why not serve extra on the side as a dip? I haven’t heard a single complaint since.
How to Make the Best Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks: Frozen bread dough i.e. Rhodes or similar, granulated sugar, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, allspice and melted butter.
- For the cream cheese dip you’ll need: Softened plain cream cheese, powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- How do you make homemade cinnamon bread sticks? First, thaw the dough following the instructions on the package. The dough should still be cold. Next, dip in butter then toss together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Roll the bread in the sugar coating and place side by side on the baking pan. Allow to rise, then bake and glaze.
- If you’re unable to find the frozen loaves of dough, don’t panic. You can easily adapt this recipe using the raw rounds of yeast or dinner rolls, instead. When doing so, they will thaw much more quickly. I’m referring to the small rounds of dough that are UN-baked.
- When using dinner rolls, the amount of dough is less therefore, the bread sticks will be smaller. You may even be able to make additional bread sticks using the same amount of coating.
- You can make the cream cheese dip in advance and chill until serving. Gently warm in the microwave so it thins a bit and is dippable.
- Store Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks wrapped in foil in the refrigerator. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Easy Bread Recipes to Make
These sweet treats are meant for sharing at breakfast, brunch, or for game day snacking. They’re a fantastic dessert for pizza night, too.
- Turn a loaf of inexpensive bread into this Cinnamon Roll French Bread.
- Praline Apple Bread is drizzled with a decadent caramel glaze.
- Glazed Skillet Monkey Bread results in every bite having that caramelized crunch.
- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Bread Pudding is next level.
- Praline Pecan Monkey Bread is smothered with a praline sauce.
- Cinnamon Sugar Dipped Muffins from The Food Charlaton.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread Sticks with Cream Cheese Dip
- 2 loaves frozen white bread or 16 yeast/dinner roll rounds thawed ( Rhodes or similar)
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Cream Cheese Dip:
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream [more as needed to thin]
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Thaw the bread loaves in the refrigerator overnight. The dough should be thawed but still cold. If using dinner rolls, dough may be thawed for 20-30 minutes on counter.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the loaves into 8 strips each. For larger bread sticks, cut each loaf into 6 pieces. Dinner rolls - no need to cut.
- Roll each dough strip into a 6 inch rope. For smaller bread sticks, cut each rope in half. (If using dinner rolls, roll each into 4" ropes.)
- Mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and allspice until combined.
- Dip each piece of dough into the melted butter then roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place side by side on a parchment lined baking sheet. Shape the ends of the bread sticks so they are uniform in size and will bake evenly.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on top, and allow to rise in a draft free place for around 1 1/2-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Rest on the pan for 5 minutes before glazing.
- Use a hand mixer to whip together the ingredients for the cream cheese dip. After combining, warm gently in the microwave to make it pourable.
- Drizzle over the bread sticks then serve the remainder on the side for dipping.
- Pull apart and enjoy! : 16 medium or 32 small bread sticks and approximately 1 cup cream cheese dip
- If you are unable to locate loaves of dough, adapt using the unbaked rounds of yeast or dinner rolls. Due to the smaller size of dough, the bread sticks will be shorter and you may be able to yield a greater amount using additional rounds of dough.
- When using a plain block cream cheese in place of whipped cream cheese for the dip, additional cream may be needed to thin. It should be the consistency of thick syrup.