This Rocky Road Fudge Poke Cake is a chocolate poke cake filled with a rich fudgy sauce that’s topped with roasted almonds, toasted marshmallows and more chocolate. It’s incredibly rich and decadent and super simple to prepare making it the ideal choice for bakers of all skill levels. Poke cakes, by definition are meant to be a low stress baking project. They’re fun to make and eat.
This signature Rocky Road Fudge version is one I developed due to my love of rocky road in any form. It can be served warm or chilled it’s completely up to you. Personally, I think there’s just something about serving it while it’s still warm and the marshmallows are gooey. It’s a decadent cake that’s meant for sharing.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 3-in-1 Cake and Cupcake Caddy
- 13 x 9-inch Baking Dish
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Bamboo Cooking Utensils Set
Rocky Road Fudge Poke Cake
- 1 [16.25] oz chocolate fudge cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 1  oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1  oz jar hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1  oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Prepare the cake mix per the instructions on the package in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan. Bake per the package instructions.
- Remove from the oven when it tests done. Immediately take a fork and poke holes over the hot cake.
- Warm the hot fudge just enough to make it pourable then whisk together with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Spread over the hot cake, into the holes.
- Arrange the marshmallows on top and sprinkle 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips over the marshmallows.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes to allow the marshmallows to melt and become slightly golden.
- Melt the remaining 1 cup of mini chocolate chips in the microwave with 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Drizzle over the warm marshmallows and crumble the toasted almond slices on top.
- Allow to rest for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.