These Snickerdoodle Pancakes with Warm Vanilla Bean Sauce are a bonefide treat any day of the week. The sweet and spicy pancake batter paired with the dreamy vanilla bean sauce is certain to start your day right.
Snickerdoodle Pancakes with a Warm Vanilla Bean Sauce
Weekend breakfasts are a tradition at our house. Some Saturday mornings, it's more like brunch, but, we love having something special to begin our weekend together. After a busy week of going here and there, it's a great way to reconnect, reflect and relax. Whether it classic fluffy buttermilk pancakes or these snickerdoodle pancakes, either way it's a win. What sets these snickerdoodle flavored pancakes apart is the vanilla bean sauce that's simply spectacular. Another way to enjoy the flavors of snickerdoodles you may like to try, are these easy snickerdoodle muffins from Sweet C's Designs.
Special Pancakes for a Special Celebration
These pancakes are special, and today we enjoyed them as a celebration of my blog's two year anniversary. What a spectacular two years it has been with many surprising twists and turns along the way. So many great people have visited my website from here in the US, and from all around the world. I've loved getting to know each and every one of you! Thank you for stopping by my kitchen to chat, laugh, share, reflect and cook! So, straight from my kitchen to yours, here are my celebration snickerdoodle pancakes. And, a toast to another successful year of cooking together.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Snickerdoodle Pancakes With A Warm Vanilla Bean Sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs divided
- 4 Tbsp butter melted & cooled
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- vegetable oil for frying
- cinnamon and sugar for serving
- Warm Vanilla Bean Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or 2 tsp pure vanilla
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg yolks, melted butter and vanilla.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. The batter will look slightly lumpy.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Heat a couple of drizzles of vegetable oil in a griddle or non-skillet. Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the batter into the pan.
- Spread the batter slightly with the back of the ice cream scoop. Cook on medium-high heat until bubbles form and the edge becomes puffy, then gently turn to brown on both sides. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Serve with a drizzle of warm vanilla bean sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar.
- To make the sauce: Over medium-high heat, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and cornstarch, stir until combined. Add the half & half. Bring to a simmering boil.
- Lower the temperature and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the vanilla bean paste or vanilla.
- Keep warm until serving. Yield: Approximately 1 ½ cups