Beef Spinach and Potato Casserole is a fantastic family friendly one dish meal. It can be assembled in advance having it ready to bake when you’re ready to eat.
Easy Spicy Beef Spinach and Potato Casserole Recipe
How to Make the BEST Spicy Beef Spinach and Potato Casserole
This casserole is a tasty way to use spinach a little outside of the box plus it’s a one dish meal.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Beef Spinach and Potato Casserole: Ground beef, onion, spinach, shredded hash browns, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper or poblano pepper, butter, garlic, worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper, taco seasoning, chopped cilantro, milk, light cream cheese or chive and onion cream cheese, queso blanco, shredded pepper jack cheese and tortilla chips.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Skillet, 13 x 9 inch baking dish, sharp knife and chopping board, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater and large spoon.
- You could use ground chicken, pork or turkey in this recipe in the same amount.
- If you prefer less spice, swap out using green bell pepper in place of poblano pepper.
- You can use monterey jack cheese, colby jack cheese or shredded cheddar cheese in this recipe.
- Allow the casserole to sit for a few minutes prior to cutting and serving giving it time to settle and firm slightly.
- You could make this casserole in individual ramekins for each person to have their own mini casserole. You should be able to yield 6-8 servings.
- Store Beef Spinach Potato Casserole chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Easy Casserole Recipes to Make
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Saucy Baked Penne Pasta.
- Slow Cooked Cowboy Casserole simmers in your crockpot while you go about your day.
- Classic and easy Chicken and Rice Casserole.
- Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole with a crunchy potato chip topping.
- Easy Broccoli Casserole is fitting for family dinners and holiday parties.
- Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole is a retro casserole that won’t break the bank.
- Skillet Cowboy Rice Casserole will bring the heat to meal time.
- Low Carb Spinach Casserole from the Low Carb Life.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Beef Spinach and Potato Casserole
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 20 0z package refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper diced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups white queso blanco
- 2 cups fresh organic baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded pepper-jack cheese divided
- 1/2 cup crushed nacho tortilla chips
- For cilantro-lime crema: In a small mixing bowl, stir until blended. Chill well before serving as a condiment alongside the casserole.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and press the hash browns evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Drizzle a couple of tablespoons of melted butter over the potatoes, season with salt and black pepper, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the potatoes are baking add the diced peppers and onions to a skillet and saute in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat until they soften. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Add the ground beef and cook until no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- To the cooked ground beef add the minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Tex-Mex seasoning, cilantro, milk, cream cheese and queso blanco. Stir well and cook on low heat until the cream cheese melts.
- Lastly, add in the fresh spinach and stir just until it begins to wilt. Toss in one cup of pepper jack then remove the pan from the stove.
- Pour the filling evenly over the potatoes. Top with the remaining shredded cheese. Sprinkle the crushed tortilla chips over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and golden.
For the optional cilantro-lime crema:
- 2/3 cup crema
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 571kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 1464mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1748IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 456mg | Iron: 3mg