When bite size desserts and petit fours are on the menu these White Chocolate Mojito Cheesecake Tarts are just the ticket. Be it a bridal or baby shower, a tea party or dessert buffet easy mini serving sweets make a tasty choice for a sweet ending to your meal.
Do All Deserts Require Special Skills To Make?
In short, they don’t. While I’m an avid year around “from scratch” baker but, I love simple mini desserts, too. These tarts are one of the tiny, bite sized creations that I came up with this year and they’re quite smashing if I say so myself! The bright citrus flavor of the mojito and fresh lime zest makes these taste light and refreshing. The addition of white chocolate adds a smooth layer of flavor and decadence and I chose to use pure rum extract to keep them family friendly.
Why slave all day, when you can whip these up in minutes, to satisfy your sweets craving any time of year.
Mini desserts are like jewels on a dessert display. They fill in space between the cakes, cookies and pies and add color. When planning a display, utilize cake plates and pedestals to display desserts at different heights to add visual interest and set the stage. Other mini tarts you might like to consider are these Easy Mini Pecan Tarts, Bite Size Lemon Tarts and Fruit Tarts.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
White Chocolate Mojito Cheesecake Tarts
- 24-30 mini phyllo shells
- 1 cup white chocolate chips divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream plus 2 Tbsp
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup frozen mojito mixer concentrate thawed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated lime zest plus add'l for garnishing
- 2 tsp rum extract
- fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the shells on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes per the instructions on the package, then set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp of heavy cream in the microwave. Melt in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat this process until the chocolate is completely smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare the filling: In a medium mixing bowl, whip together cream cheese, mojito concentrate, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 tsp of rum flavoring. (May use Rum in place of extract, if preferred)
- Using a hand mixer, whip together for 2-3 minutes until fully combined and the mixture is creamy and fluffy. Whip in white chocolate and lime zest until combined. Chill for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the white chocolate drizzle: Just before assembling, melt remaining 1/2 cup of white chocolate with 1 Tbsp of heavy cream in the microwave. Melt in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat this process until the chocolate is smooth. Add additional cream 1 tsp at a time, if needed to thin.
- Divide chilled filling evenly between the shells. You can do this with a teaspoon, or a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Drizzle each tart with melted white chocolate, and garnish with fresh lime zest and a sprig of mint. Keep chilled until serving.