Slow Cooked Country Ribs and Barbecue Beans
Servings 12 servings
- 3 28 ounce cans hickory flavored baked beans or your favorite
- 1 10 oz can Rotel Chili Fixins
- 3 ½ lbs boneless country style pork ribs cut into 3-inch chunks
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ cup Smokehouse Maple BBQ seasoning plus additional as needed (i.e. McCormick)
- 1 cup thick barbecue sauce I.e. Sweet Baby Rays plus additional for serving, if desired
- sliced green onions for garnishing
Spray the bottom and sides of a 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
Pour the beans into the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour the diced tomatoes evenly over the beans.
Rub the ribs liberally with barbecue seasoning. Add additional seasoning to your taste. Arrange the ribs over the beans. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
Drizzle the ribs with 1 cup barbecue sauce.
Lock lid into place cooking on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours or until the ribs are fork tender.
Let stand uncovered for 15 minutes then gently stir.
Serve topped with sliced green onions, cole slaw and cornbread, if desired..
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 398mg | Potassium: 363mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 3mg