Skillet Potato Hash with Zucchini and Smoked Sausages
Servings 4 servings
- 1 13 oz smoked turkey sausage
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper or poblano pepper diced
- 1 tsp each seasoned salt and black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cups cubed yukon gold potatoes ½ inch cubes
- 1 large zucchini ½ inch cubes
- 2 medium green onion thinly sliced
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the smoked sausage in a few drizzles of olive oil. Cook for for 2-3 minutes on each side then remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the diced onion and peppers to the skillet. Season with seasoned salt and black pepper to your taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they're beginning to soften and brown then add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
Add the potatoes and zucchini to the pan. Cook until the potatoes are browned and fork tender. Around 10 minutes. Add additional oil to the pan as needed.
Slice the smoked sausage and add back to the pan. Continue to cook until heated through.
Garnish with chopped green onion and serve immediately.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 1487mg | Potassium: 1441mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1283IU | Vitamin C: 128mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3mg