Cheddar Bacon Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
Servings 12 drop biscuits
- 2 cup White Lily Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed, plus 2 Tbsp melted
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika or cayenne
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a medium size mixing bowl. cut the butter into the flour and paprika until it resembles coarse crumbs.
Mix in the bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Make a well in the center and add 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
Mix with a fork adding more buttermilk until it forms a soft dough and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Brush the sides and bottom of a 10-inch cast iron skillet with melted butter, reserving some butter to brush the tops. Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the dough. Place into the skillet side by side. Brush the tops with melted butter.
Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the tops are golden. Serve hot.