Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins
Servings 12 muffins
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 tsp plain or seasoned salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup self-rising flour or biscuit mix [i.e. Bisquick]
- 2 green onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup diced pimento or red bell pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and seasonings.
Add the remaining ingredients reserving ½ cup shredded cheese for the tops. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Divide between the muffin cups. Depending on how you divide the mixture, you may be able to yield more.
Sprinkle the tops with the remaining shredded cheese and bake for 25-27 minutes until golden and puffy.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 809IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 1mg