Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers
Servings 6 Cheeseburgers
- 2- 2 ½ lbs ground sirloin
- 1 ½ cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce [i.e. Sweet Baby Ray's or your favorite]
- ⅓ cup minced onion
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 1 ½ teaspoon barbecue seasoning [i.e. McCormick Brown Sugar Bourbon, Barbecue Magic or your favorite]
- 4 thick cut slices colby-jack cheese
- assorted toppings: lettuce tomato, onion, jalapeno slices, dill pickles
- Barbecue mayo: [Whisk together and keep chilled]
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon barbecue seasoning adjust to taste
Add the first 6 ingredients to a small mixing bowl reserving the sliced cheese to melt on top later.
Using your hands, mix all of the ingredients together being careful not to over mix. Shape into 4-6 patties.
On the stove top using a grill pan, over medium-high heat, cook the burgers in a couple of drizzles of olive oil.
If grilling, oil the grates well before adding them to the grill. Cook on medium-high heat.
Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or to your desired level of doneness.
Serve on kaiser rolls dressed with your favorite toppings and a dollop of barbecue mayo.
Serving: 1burger | Calories: 763kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 902mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 458IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 282mg | Iron: 4mg