Low Carb Pancakes
Servings 8 (4 inch) pancakes
- 1 cup whole fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup liquid Vanilla protein shake (May use whole milk) i.e. Premier Protein
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener i.e. Swerve or similar Adjust amount to taste
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon butter for frying may use coconut oil
In a stand blender, combine ricotta, vanilla protein shake or milk, eggs, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder and vanilla. Process until fully combined and slightly thickened.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium in a large skillet or a griddle. Use a 2 ounce ice cream scoop to dived the batter. Use the back of the scoop to spread batter into roughly a 4 inch circle.
Cook in batches for 3-4 minutes per side. Watch for bubbles in the batter carefully turning with a spatula. Remove to a platter and keep warm. Additional butter may be needed between batches.
Serve with sugar free syrup, butter or your favorite toppings.
- The nutrition values should be used as a guideline as there are many variables when ingredients are substituted and the final amount of butter used for frying.
- I used Vanilla Premier protein shake for the liquid in this recipe. Whole milk may be used instead.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg