Barbecue Chicken Bacon French Bread Pizza
Servings 16 (2 inch) servings
- 1 18 inch french bread
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp garlic salt (or garlic powder add table salt to taste)
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 4 cups cubed rotisserie or grilled chicken
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning i.e. Barbecue Magic or your favorite brand
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups shredded colby jack or mozzarella cheese
- ½-1 cup bottled barbecue sauce i.e. Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipotle may use your favorite
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh cilantro for garnishing
Preheat oven to Broil. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut french bread through the middle making two halves. In a small bowl mix together softened butter, garlic salt and onion powder. Spread evenly over both halves.
Place under broiler for 5 minutes to lightly toast. Remove from the oven and lower the temperature to 425°F.
To assemble: Divide 1 ½ cups cheese sprinkling evenly over each half. Top with cubed chicken. Season with barbecue seasoning.
Arrange sliced onion and bacon over chicken. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Place into the 425°F oven for 8-10 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted.
Slice into 2 inch slices, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 1mg