Tomato Cracker Salad
Servings 6 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp onion powder
- few dashes hot sauce optional
- 5 medium Roma tomatoes cubed
- 2 large hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 small bunch green onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, colby or monterey jack cheese your preference
- 40 saltine crackers roughly crushed
In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and hot sauce to taste. Whisk until fully combined.
To the bowl add tomatoes, green onion, cheese and egg. Mix well with a large spatula or spoon. (You may reserve a small amount of diced tomato and green onion for garnishing)
Chill for 2-4 hours. Just before serving, add crushed saltine crackers and mix well.
Serve immediately garnished with diced tomato and green onion, if desired.
- This salad can be prepared and eaten without chilling, if preferred.
- While it may seem unconventional, I often set the sleeve of Saltine crackers into the fridge to chill as well. Either way, is fine. Always add them just before serving.
- While cracker salad is most often made with Saltines, you may use club or Ritz crackers, if preferred.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 18g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 696IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 2mg