Potato Chip Clusters
Course Candy, Dessert
Keyword potato-chip-candy, potato-chip-clusters, potato-chips
Prep Time 15 minutes minutes
Chill time 2 hours hours
Total Time 2 hours hours 15 minutes minutes
Servings 36 clusters
- 3 (4 oz each) white chocolate baking bars i.e. Ghiradelli chopped
- 1 cup butterscotch baking chips
- 1 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening
- 2 cups crushed wavy potato chips
- ½-3/4 cup salted peanuts (roughly chopped)
Line 2 large baking pans with wax paper.
In a double boiler over simmering water, melt together white chocolate, butterscotch chips and shortening until smooth. This will take several minutes.
Remove from the heat, add potato chips and peanuts. Mix until evenly distributed and ingredients are coated.
Use a tablespoon to drop in clusters onto wax paper lined pans. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
Store leftovers in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature for serving.
These potato chip clusters can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- I find it helpful to leave the bowl over the hot water while dividing into clusters, to keep the mixture warm while you work.
- You can substitute 1 tablespoon coconut oil in place of shortening, if desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 91kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg