Easy Frozen Strawberry Lime Margaritas
Servings 6 servings
- 1 12 oz can frozen limeade
- 8 oz tequila (Blanco or Silver Tequila)
- ⅓ cup Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1 quart fresh strawberries washed and hulled
- 2-4 cups ice OR just enough to fill blender
- salt for rim of glass
Combine all ingredients into blender in order given. Place lid firmly on top and blend until smooth.
Meanwhile, dip rim of cocktail glasses in water or brush with a pastry brush,then dip in salt. (See Cook's note)
Divide margarita mixture evenly between cocktail glasses and serve immediately garnished with lime slices and strawberries.
Ideas for garnishing:
- This recipe can easily be modified to be non-alcoholic, by leaving out the tequila and triple sec. Use seltzer water to replace the alcohol and add more as needed blending until the thickness is to your preference.
- Dampen rim of glass with lime juice or water and dip in salt for a classic margarita. You can do the same using granulated sugar. Decorate with slices of lime or fresh strawberries attached to the rim of the glass.
- 16 ounces of frozen strawberries can be used in place of fresh strawberries. Thin with water as needed.
- Adjust amount of liquor using more, or less, to your taste.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 93mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg