Corned Beef Hash
Servings 4 servings
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 2-3 cups roughly chopped cooked corned beef
- 1 4 oz can green chiles drained
- 1 1/2 lbs golden potatoes cooked cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp garlic salt (OR 1 tsp table salt and 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder)
- 1/2-1 tsp freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 large eggs
Preheat oven to 425°F. In a 12 inch skillet melt together butter and oil with onions over medium high heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes just until softened. (Reserve some green onion for garnishing)
To the skillet add corned beef and green chiles. Cook for 2 minutes just until heated through.
Add potatoes, garlic salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Gently stir to distribute then press gently together. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes over medium, until potatoes begin to brown, then flip to brown other side. Gently stir to prevent breaking up the potatoes. Crack eggs on top, seasoning eggs lightly with additional salt and pepper.
Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 8-10 minutes or just until yolks are cooked to your preferred doneness. (Alternately, cover skillet and cook until eggs are done on the stovetop)
Serve immediately garnished with reserved green onion.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 601kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 280mg | Sodium: 2110mg | Potassium: 1165mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 759IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4mg