Servings 30 servings (may vary)
- 1 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 1.0 oz package Ranch salad dressing and dip mix
- 3 cups shredded potatoes squeezed dry
- 1 medium onion shredded, squeezed dry
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles well drained
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar or colby jack cheese
- ¼ cup vegetable oil for frying additional as needed
- chives or green onion for garnishing
Whisk together sour cream and dry salad dressing mix. Cover and chill until serving. (This should be done several hours in advance or overnight)
Place shredded potatoes and grated onion in a lint free kitchen towel and squeeze dry. (Preferably, separately)
Add to a medium size mixing bowl with flour, green chiles, eggs, chives, garlic salt, pepper and shredded cheese. Mix until fully combined.
Over medium high heat, drizzle a nonstick griddle or frying pan with 2 tablespoons oil. Drop potato mixture using a small scoop or a tablespoon into hot oil, spreading when necessary. (About 1 ½ Tbsp)
Cook potato pancakes in batches, for 1 ½-2 minutes per side or until crispy and golden.
Serve immediately topped with a dollop of ranch sour cream and garnished with chives.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 97IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg