How to Boil Corn on the Cob
Servings 6 servings (may vary)
- 6 large fresh ears of corn husks and silk removed
- 12-16 cups water (Adjust amount depending on the size of the pot)
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup cubed butter optional
- butter, salt and black pepper for serving
In a deep pot bring water, sugar and salt to a rolling boil.
Add milk and corn. Return to a rolling boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Add butter, if using.
Turn off heat and let corn steep on the stovetop in the hot liquid for 10 more minutes or until the kernels are bright yellow and tender. Corn should be fully submerged in water.
Drain and serve slathered with butter, salt and black pepper and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 464mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 399IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1mg