Restaurant Style Salsa
Servings 4 cups
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (with tomato puree)
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel tomatoes with green chiles hot or mild
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 1 large jalapeno pepper quartered (Omit seeds and membrane if heat shy)
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, rough chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro (stems removed) adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sugar optional
Place all ingredients into a food processor, stand blender or Vitamix. Pulse until desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed.
Chill for 2-4 hours then serve with tortilla chips or as a condiment for tacos, enchiladas, nachos, quesadillas and more.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Sodium: 1061mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 84IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg