Pasta Salad with Ham Peas and Muenster Cheese
Serving Option for Pasta Salad with Ham
I usually serve it as a side dish but, because it includes a smoked ham and Muenster cheese, it could also be enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner on a hot Summer day. When my schedule is super packed and conflicting sporting events between my sons cause us to pass like ships in the night, this is the kind of salad that I can have in the fridge and it can be made into a meal in a snap.
Other Pasta Salad Recipes to Try:
- Pasta Salad with Chicken as an entrée or a side dish.
- Take the flavor of pizza and turn them into this Pizza Pasta Salad.
- Wing inspired Buffalo Chicken Salad.
- You may also like this Easy Baked Rotini from a Mindful Mom.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pasta Salad with Ham
- 2 ½ cups of dry rotini pasta
- 1 cup diced smoked ham
- ½ cup frozen petite peas
- 4 oz cubed Muenster cheese
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup low fat half & half
- ⅛ teaspoon each dry dill garlic powder and celery salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & black pepper to your taste
- Boil the pasta in salted water per the directions on the package until al dente. Drain well.
- Stir the frozen peas into the hot pasta.
- Dice the ham, cheese, red onion, yellow pepper, green onions and tomatoes.
- Set the tomatoes and cheese cubes aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste, then add the chopped ham and veggies reserving a few green onion tops for garnishing.
- Do not add the tomatoes or cheese at this point. Mix well.
- Pour the pasta and peas into the mixing bowl with the dressing. Stir until fully combined.
- Place into the refrigerator to allow the pasta to cool for around 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cubed cheese.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.