We encourage you to periodically check back and review this policy so that you always will know what information we collect, how we use it, and with whom we share it.
I. The Information We Collect
- Information You Provide To Us. In some areas of the Site, you can register, order products, enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, or participate in our community. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect from you various forms of information, such as: name, address, or email address.
- Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected. We, and our "Partners" who include Site affiliates, third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, and distribution or other partners may use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access our Site. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers, mobile network, device identifiers (such as an Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), device settings, browser settings, the web pages you have visited, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Site (e.g., iOS, Android), location information, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on. Please see our section titled Cookies, and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies for more information about how the foregoing Information may be collected and used.
II. How We Use the Information
We, along with our Partners, may use the Information to:
- provide and communicate with you about the Site or your account with us,
- fulfill your requests regarding the Site, including without limitation requests
for newsletters and notifications,
- respond to your inquiries,
- enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms
of service) that govern your use of our Site, and/or for the purposes for
which you provided the Information,
- provide technical support for the Site,
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities on or through the Site,
- protect the safety of our Users,
- customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based
on your visits to and/or usage of the Site or other online or mobile websites, applications, platforms or services, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them,
- perform analysis regarding how you use the Site or any part thereof,
When you provide information about yourself to us through a third-party application or plugin, through our Site, it may be publicly viewed by other members of these services and we cannot prevent further use of the information by thirdparties.
We or a Partner may use "cookies" or similar technologies to associate certain of the Information with a unique identifier that then associates the Information with your device or browser.
For information about how these technologies work and how we may use them, please see our section titled Cookies, and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies.
Sometimes, we may associate cookies with the Information, including de-identified, "hashed," or anonymous versions of Information you have provided (such as during registration), in order to send or help our Partners send ads and offers based on your presumed interests or demographic information.
If you register and create a profile with our Site, the screen name you select as well as other content you submit to your profile (e.g., photos, comments, video, reviews) will be displayed publicly on the Site, is searchable, can be found by third-parties and may be reused and redistributed by us in our sole discretion.
III. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose the Information as follows:
- To service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our Site and online community; (h) administer contests; (i) maintain databases; (j) send or support online or mobile advertising; and (k) otherwise support our Site.
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency's request or similar request.
- With third parties in order to investigate, prevent, or take action (in our sole discretion) regarding potentially illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to any person, us, or the Site, or violations of our policies, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Site.
- We may transfer some or all of your Information if we, or one of our business units, undergoes a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, or if a substantial portion of our or of a business unit's assets is sold or merged in this way.
Please note that the Site may offer content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, promotions, games, applications, or social network integrations) that is sponsored by or cobranded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain information from their visitors. We have no control over these third parties' use of this information, which is subject to their own privacy policies.
IV. Cookies and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
For visitors generating from the EU and EEA, advertising cookies are automatically not used for personalization and all advertising on the site will be generic and non-targeted.
- Syncing Cookies and Identifiers. We may work with our Partners (for instance, third-party ad platforms) to synchronize unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with cookies) in order to match our Partners' uniquely coded user identifiers to our own. We may do this, for instance, to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device, and thus enable us or others to send ads that are more relevant, match Users to their likely product interests, or better synchronize, cap, or optimize advertising.For visitors generating from the EU and EEA, advertising cookies are automatically not used for personalization and all advertising on the site will be generic and non-targeted.
- Web Beacons. We and our Partners may also use "web beacons" or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on the Site or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing the Site or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing the Site. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
By visiting the Site, whether as a registered user or otherwise, you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Site through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you.
Our unaffiliated Partners and third parties may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies when you visit our Services and they may have access to information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites or applications when you use the Site. Their use of such tracking technologies is not in our control and is subject to their own privacy policies.
V. Your Ad Choices
Advertising enables us to provide the content on the Site and to provide much of this content free of cost to our Users. Thus, we strive to provide you with ads that are relevant to you and for products you may want.
However, you can find more information about entities involved in online advertising and to know your choices you may make through the Network Advertising Initiative (https://optout.networkadvertising.org/) and the Digital
Advertising Alliance (https://optout.aboutads.info).
The tools provided on the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out pages are provided by third parties, not the Site. The Site does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
VI. Other Important Information About Your Privacy
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. At this time the Site does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "do not track" instructions.
- Linked Services. The site may contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult these other services' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- How You Can Access or Correct Information. Access to certain personal Information that is collected from the Site and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Site, you can access that account to review the Information you provided.You may also send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting access to or correction of your personal Information. Please include your registration information such as first name, last name and e-mail address in the request.We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
- How to Contact Us/Opting Out of Marketing Communications. If you have any
VII. Children’s Privacy
The Site does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that Children under 13 have provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information immediately.