Chopped Chickpea Salad with Avocado
Servings 6 servings
- 1 English cucumber cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 2 small avocados cubed
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Place the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion and chickpeas in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Toss with the vegetables. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Just before serving toss the feta cheese, cubed avocado and Italian parsley with the marinated vegetables. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 618mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 642IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 1mg