This veggie packed Chopped Chickpea Salad with avocado is sure to become a summertime favorite with your family and friends. You can enjoy it as a side dish or a light and healthy meal.
Easy Chopped Chickpea Salad Recipe
This amazing fresh Chopped Chickpea Salad with Avocado deviates a little from the beaten path with the addition of avocado. On top of that, it's also filled with farm stand goodies like fresh cucumbers, sweet red onion and cherry tomatoes all tossed in a homemade vinaigrette. The feta cheese adds a nice mildly salty bite and rounds out the salad making it perfect to be served as a side dish or a light meal all in itself.
How to Make the Best Chopped Chickpea Salad
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Chopped Chickpea Salad: Canned chickpeas, fresh avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, goat cheese and chopped Italian parsley.
- Ingredients to make the balsamic vinaigrette: Olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, granulated sugar, dry Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic powder or granulated garlic.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A large bowl, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board, whisk.
- To save time, you could make the vinaigrette one day in advance. Store it chilled in a mason jar and shake it well before proceeding with the recipe.
- I recommend mixing all of the vegetables together first before tossing them with the vinaigrette. This allows the flavors to marry while the chopped vegetables marinate in the vinaigrette and chill.
- Just before serving, add the avocado, feta and fresh parsley gently mixing to combine with the remaining ingredients. Avocado will oxidize and turn brown if added in the beginning. Doing it this way, will ensure that the avocado will maintain its bright color.
- This Chickpea Salad is a fantastic way to switch up the salads at a backyard BBQ, family picnic or served as a light meal all on it's own. It's one of my favorite summertime salads and oh-so-easy to toss together and after chilling thoroughly, the flavors truly come alive.
- Store chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Easy Salad Recipes to Make
- Classic Wedge Salad drizzled with homemade bleu cheese dressing.
- This 5 Layer Salad gets better and better with each passing day.
- Seven Layer Salad filled with vibrant colors and flavor.
- Creamy Grape Salad is a potluck rock star that never goes out of style.
- Chicken Pasta Salad doubles as an entrée or a side dish.
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad from Kitchen Fun with my Three Sons.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Chopped Chickpea Salad
- 1 English cucumber cubed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 2 small avocados cubed
- 2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion and chickpeas in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Pour over the vegetables and gently toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving add the feta cheese, cubed avocado and Italian parsley to the marinated vegetables. Mix well, then taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- Serve immediately.